Chronic Aches & Pains?



I don't know if it's just me but does anyone have those really bad days when it comes to experiencing pain? I know for people going through chemo it can be achy bones. For me it's either head or neck pain, which is not related to my tumour itself but is related to the stress it causes me.

Sometimes, for no reason, my pain can be 8/10 on a scale of 1 (no pain) to 10 (severe pain) and cause me to feel dizzy and exhausted. I've been to the GP; it is definitely directly related to stress and fatigue.

Some of the ways that I deal with the most painful days:
  • Drink a 250ml water when it starts and aim to finish another 500ml before the end of the day.
  • Concentrate on good posture or if possible lay down with a hot compress on the painful area.
  • Limit screen time
  • Limit caffeine
  • Take 500mg of paracetamol and wait for 20 minutes to see if Ibroprofen is required
  • Take 20 minutes to have eyes closed (napping) every few hours

How do you cope with your pain?


By 2020 I am aiming to have raised £10,000 for The Brain Tumour Charity to help #FindACureSooner and ensure continued support and readily available resources for patients and families of those who have Brain Tumours. Please click on the link and donate, if all of my readers donated £1 I would have met my target already! https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lobeyourself

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Benefits of Massage

Communication between the brain tumour patient and their family and friends (part 2)

Peace of Mind: sort your life out