There's truth in Tumeric
Most of us will be aware of the latest craze: Tumeric. But is there any truth in some of it's claims? The answer is yes and that's why it's recently featured in the UK's Trust Me I'm a Doctor.
For those of you that are not aware of Tumeric, it's a slightly yellow tinged spice from the Ginger family that you would most likely recognize from a curry dish. The active ingredient in Tumeric is actually called Curcumin and to have any benefit you need to be having a daily effective intake of 500mg-2000mg per day.
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects - could help subside those nasty headaches
- Known effect on the treatment of Brain Tumours from recent studies including Glioblastoma in the form of cancer cell cycle arrest
- Apoptosis of cancer cells (death of cells) and beneficial changes in cancer causing genes.
- Tumeric has been shown to be absorbed into actual Glioblastomas which means it can break the blood-brain barrier which is not easy to do!
Products to help you get more into your diet:
- Sugavida Tumeric Latte - Oh my goodness this stuff is delicious and I have sampled every flavour. It also contains added extras such as Vitamin B12 to keep up your energy levels and a number of different minerals. It is naturally sweet, organic and gluten free.
- A Supplement - As long as it contains at least 500mg. Us Brain Tumour Busters need as much as possible.
- A Spice Pouch - what about just chucking it into your next meal!
- Pukka Tea 7 Day Kit - this kit has everything you need including a delicious Brainwave tea and a supplement pot to last a week. You can also buy both separately of course.
Last of all I'm just going to leave this Tumeric Mojito Recipe here.
By 2020 I am aiming to have raised £5000 for The Brain Tumour Charity to help #FindACureSooner and ensure continued support and readily available resources for patients and families of those who have Brain Tumours. Please click on the link and donate, if all of my readers donated £1 I would have met my target already! https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/moneyforbrains